Changed Quicken ID, can't log in to Quicken on my PC now

Options
I changed my email address and updated my Quicken ID to the new email yesterday. Today when I launched my Quicken file, I was prompted to log in to Quicken. That's fine, but the sign-in screen autopopulated with my old email address and it is not editable. I can't change it to my new email address. I'm essentially locked out of my Quicken file. I went into Preferences to see if I could make the change under "Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts", but the sign-in prompt shows up again and then I'm completely stuck. Only option is to ctrl-alt-delete out of Quicken entirely. Help?

Comments

• Stacy L
    Stacy L Member ✭✭
    Options
    Figured out how to solve this from another discussion...it's absolutely asinine that I have to click-close out of this dialog box fifteen times to trigger a screen with the Quicken ID blank. Why not just make the Quicken ID box editable? Auto-fill it, but make it editable.
  • elnelson3
    elnelson3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I changed and validated my new email but the sign-in box continues to show the old email address and does not allow an edit. After opening and closing the dialog box multiple times I eventually get a message that Quicken service is not available at this time, try again in ten minutes.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    elnelson3 said:
    I am having the same issue. I changed and validated my new email but the sign-in box continues to show the old email address and does not allow an edit. After opening and closing the dialog box multiple times I eventually get a message that Quicken service is not available at this time, try again in ten minutes.

You need to Sign in as a different user. After validating your Email Address at Quicken.com, open Quicken. On the Sign in screen, click on the Link at the bottom of the Window, that reads similar to Sign in as a different user.

Why? Because your Quicken Data File, contains your old Email Address and you can't erase the Email Address, shown. You must Sign out and sign back in.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• elnelson3
    elnelson3 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Not the most intuitive solution :smile: but I was able to get it done. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.