Why can I no longer select multiple transactions in a report for editing?

Options
lnelson5329
lnelson5329 Member
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I used this feature a couple of days ago and now it is not working. I am on Quicken for Windows version R44.28 build 27.1.44.28

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What type of report?  What type of transactions?  Generally, investment reports do not offer editing. Generally, investment transactions cannot be edited. 
  • lnelson5329
    Options
    It is a self generated yearly income statement sorted and total by category. All accounts included are bank accounts and credit cards. (I re-booted my computer just to make sure there was not something weird going on but that did not fix the problem which usually does when weird things start happening.)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is a self generated yearly income statement sorted and total by category. All accounts included are bank accounts and credit cards. (I re-booted my computer just to make sure there was not something weird going on but that did not fix the problem which usually does when weird things start happening.)
    Please tell us more about the process you're trying to do.
    I just created a vanilla Itemized Categories report. Clicked on the first of the 3 blue highlighted transactions, Shift-clicked on the last one, then right-clicked to get the popup options as shown.
    Where do you get stuck and what kind of edits do you want to perform?
    Instead of using a saved report, created in an older version of Quicken, have you tried creating a new, vanilla report and then customizing it to your needs? When done customizing, save it, replacing the old saved report.
  • lnelson5329
    Options
    I tried exactly what you showed above. Cntl-click and Shift-click only selects one line. As I said earlier in this thread this feature worked a couple of days ago.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To block-select multiple transactions in Quicken, just as you would select multiple files in Windows File Explorer:
    Click the first line to highlight it.
    Move the cursor to the last line in the block of lines you want, Shift-click the last line.
    The entire block of lines between first and last line should now be highlighted.
    Now right-click with the cursor on one of the highlighted lines to get your action menu.
    If you haven't rebooted Windows since you first had problems ... maybe that will fix it.
  • lnelson5329
    Options
    I found a work around to the problem. I went into the settings of the report and un-selected all accounts, saved the report, re-selected the accounts I wanted in the report and finally saved the report again. As I mentioned, all the accounts were checking, savings or credit cards. I also tried rebooting the computer too and that didn't fix the problem. Thanks for all your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.