Brokerage account should be cash account

Don L Turner
Don L Turner Member ✭✭
I moved from Windows to Mac just a few months ago and I'm still getting familiar with the Mac version of Quicken. I don't know if it's always been wrong, or if something went wrong in the transfer from Windows, but I have a Banking Cash account that is listed as an Investing Brokerage account. It shows up in the sidebar panel in the wrong section. Is there a way to re-catagorize the account?

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    You can't change an Investing account into a Banking account. You'd have to create a new account of the correct type and move all the transactions over to the new account (which you can do via drag & drop). 

However, you should only do this if the account really is a bank account. If it's something like a Fidelity Cash Management Account - which is really a brokerage account even though it masquerades as a checking account - then you should leave it the way it is.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Don L Turner
    Don L Turner Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jon. It is a cash account. If drag and drop works for the transactions, that will fix the problem for me. I will give it a try. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.