I don't want my data saved to the cloud but upgrade seems to have stored a copy there.

PaulFM
PaulFM Member
:# When I upgraded to the latest version, Quicken appears to have made a copy on the cloud. I want to keep my data on my device only. I don't want to have it stored on the cloud. How do I get it off of the cloud without affecting the data I have stored on my device and will I have to deal with this each time I install an upgrade/fix?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Go to Edit / Preferences / Mobile and Web
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

1) Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    AND
    2) do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

The Sync process has been suspected of a number of weird happenings with Quicken. Could your problem be caused by Sync?

If you answer "yes" to the 1st question and "no" to the 2nd question, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it. The Sync process should only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file.

If you answer "yes" to both questions, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

How to reset Sync to Cloud

• Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:
    • Click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.
    • Sync your desktop file to the cloud
    • Now log back into your mobile app

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

• Change the Sync radio button and set it to OFF

• PaulFM
    PaulFM Member
    I checked the sync setting and it was turned on so I turned it off and I didn't have to log on when I launched the application the next time. I had turned synch off when I initially installed the subscription based product. Hopefully it will remember this setting during the next update/upgrade. Thank you for your assistance.
This discussion has been closed.