Inability to connect to Pentagon Federal Credit Union

Rickd83
Rickd83 Member ✭✭
I understand this is an ongoing problem, but I am wanting to know if the problem is related to security to PenFed accounts. I recently bought a new computer, and when I logged on to my account directly from my new computer for the first time (not through Quicken), I was sent a one-time verification code and was asked if I wanted to "trust this device" (private computer) or "not" (public computer). Is this a possible issue to preventing connecting to PenFed Credit Union through Quicken? Just a thought.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rickd83

The existence of a control like a one-time verification code would not - in and of itself - affect Quicken's ability to connect with a financial institution.  And if it was somehow preventative, Quicken would not only not be able to connect - they would not offer a connection option to their users.

Since Quicken does offer such connections to its users, you can be assured that a connection is available and that Quicken will take steps to determine the issues that may be preventing its users to connect.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rickd83

The existence of a control like a one-time verification code would not - in and of itself - affect Quicken's ability to connect with a financial institution.  And if it was somehow preventative, Quicken would not only not be able to connect - they would not offer a connection option to their users.

Since Quicken does offer such connections to its users, you can be assured that a connection is available and that Quicken will take steps to determine the issues that may be preventing its users to connect.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.