"Report a problem" locks up Quicken

EmKay
EmKay Member ✭✭✭✭
I'm on whatever the current version of Q for Windows is, as of today (just got an update).  I'm having an OL-362-A error on a Vanguard account, along with concerns about the accounts that are listed when I deactivate/reactivate that account, and I used "Report a problem" to explain the issue and send log files (no attachments other than the log files).  It locked up Quicken, after it (I hope) sent my problem report.  The "Report a problem" screen remains open on top of Quicken, but you can't DO anything.

Anyone else?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    EmKay said:
    I'm on whatever the current version of Q for Windows is, as of today (just got an update).  I'm having an OL-362-A error on a Vanguard account, along with concerns about the accounts that are listed when I deactivate/reactivate that account, and I used "Report a problem" to explain the issue and send log files (no attachments other than the log files).  It locked up Quicken, after it (I hope) sent my problem report.  The "Report a problem" screen remains open on top of Quicken, but you can't DO anything.

Anyone else?
    Hello @EmKay,    

I am sorry about this problem with crashing when trying to send program logs. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that your data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service. These latter locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage. 

Once you have made sure that your data file is located on your computer, try restarting your computer if this happens again. You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
This discussion has been closed.