Citi Card One-Step Update Error CC-503

Options
keba7r
keba7r Member ✭✭
Have been getting this error for some time. Last successful download 10/23.
11/10 discovered a new account in my Quicken...Line of Credit at Citibank...and my most recent transactions have been downloaded to it. ??? What's going on? Any ideas how to straighten this out?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    keba7r said:
    Have been getting this error for some time. Last successful download 10/23.
    11/10 discovered a new account in my Quicken...Line of Credit at Citibank...and my most recent transactions have been downloaded to it. ??? What's going on? Any ideas how to straighten this out?
    Hello @keba7r,   

I am sorry about this problem with these online banking errors. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, am I correct in understanding that a totally new account was created without your permission when you tried to update your account(s)? Also, which accounts are receiving this error message? If you notice that this is continuing, then first save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then take a look at this Support Article and proceed through the steps, in order. Does that seem to resolve your issue?

Let us know how this works, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • keba7r
    keba7r Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the response. My Quicken account Citi [Removed - Private Information] One-Step Update has been getting the error message since at least 10/25. Yes, the new account "Line of Credit at Citibank" appeared out of the blue without my permission on or just before 11/08 although the beginning balance transaction is dated 10/23. I have taken a backup and followed the instructions in the FAQ per the link you provided.
    I resolved this issue by deactivating the Online Services for both of these accounts and reactivating Online Services for the Quicken account Citi [Removed - Private Information] with the user-id and password I used in my successful online sign-in. I then ran a One-Step Update for this account. I verified that all of the transactions that had been downloaded and accepted into the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account before deactivating Online Services were included in the One-Step Update download for the Citi [Removed - Private Information] account. I then edited the Account details for the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account to Keep the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account separate, hide it in transaction entry lists, and hide the account name in the account bar and account lists. I did not close the account as I want to preserve it for possible future reference. I have taken copious backups all through this process.
    Is there anything else you would recommend to do?
    Thank you,
    Ken Bruns
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    keba7r said:
    Thanks for the response. My Quicken account Citi [Removed - Private Information] One-Step Update has been getting the error message since at least 10/25. Yes, the new account "Line of Credit at Citibank" appeared out of the blue without my permission on or just before 11/08 although the beginning balance transaction is dated 10/23. I have taken a backup and followed the instructions in the FAQ per the link you provided.
    I resolved this issue by deactivating the Online Services for both of these accounts and reactivating Online Services for the Quicken account Citi [Removed - Private Information] with the user-id and password I used in my successful online sign-in. I then ran a One-Step Update for this account. I verified that all of the transactions that had been downloaded and accepted into the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account before deactivating Online Services were included in the One-Step Update download for the Citi [Removed - Private Information] account. I then edited the Account details for the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account to Keep the "Line of Credit at Citibank" account separate, hide it in transaction entry lists, and hide the account name in the account bar and account lists. I did not close the account as I want to preserve it for possible future reference. I have taken copious backups all through this process.
    Is there anything else you would recommend to do?
    Thank you,
    Ken Bruns
    Hello @keba7r,       

I am happy to hear that you were able to achieve a resolution, although I do apologize that this process was so difficult. Thank you so much for getting back to us with information about how you approached this, and for letting us know how things turned out.

As far as additional steps, my most immediate concern would be: have you noticed any duplicate transactions since then when you update your accounts?

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.