Why does the Mac version say "Home & Business"?

tribbiani
tribbiani Member ✭✭
I've imported my Windows file into a Mac, and noticed that despite the fact that we know no business features are on the Mac, the "About Quicken" screen shows it as "Home & Business".

Anyone know why this is there? Seems pretty odd... and creates a TON of confusion for people switching from Windows to Mac versions.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2022
    It's showing you that because you paid for a Home & Business subscription. There's no point in doing so if you're only using Quicken Mac so when your sub comes up for renewal you should consider choosing a less expensive option, but until your current sub runs out it will continue to show Home & Business.

I agree it can be a bit confusing, but it would also be confusing if someone had a Home & Business sub & Quicken Mac told them they had something else.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• tribbiani
    tribbiani Member ✭✭
    Good call. Thx. Yup, it should say "Home & Business Subscription" and "Version: Home" or something clear. Thx for tip, tho. Will do that.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Mac doesn't have different versions of the software, all subscription levels use the same app, so you'd always see the same "Version". Different features are enabled or disabled depending on the subscription level - there just aren't any extra features enabled by a Home & Business sub, at least not yet. Maybe someday there will be.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.