Moving a transaction

Options
Ockjoan
Ockjoan Member
How do I reconcile a transaction that I paid thru Paypal then used my Credit Card in Paypal and finally paid the Credit Card in my checking account?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you use the credit card is it for each purchase or for the monthly PayPal bill?  I get a bill statement each month from PayPal I pay with a check.  I would think if you use your credit card to pay the item you should just enter it in the credit card account and skip the PayPal account.  Then when you pay the credit card it is just a transfer from Checking to Amex.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Options
    Do you have a PayPal account set up in Quicken?  I do.  Record the purchase in the PayPal account with the category.  Wait....then how is the credit card being used?  When you buy using PayPal do you get a bill from PayPal or is the amount paid directly from the credit card.  

• Ockjoan
    Ockjoan Member
    Options
    I have my Paypal set up in Quicken. Paypal then wants me to use a form of payment. I use my Amex Card also in Quicken as an Account And then eventually I have to pay my credit card bill and I do that from my checking account again in Quicken.
  • volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options
    When you use the credit card is it for each purchase or for the monthly PayPal bill?  I get a bill statement each month from PayPal I pay with a check.  I would think if you use your credit card to pay the item you should just enter it in the credit card account and skip the PayPal account.  Then when you pay the credit card it is just a transfer from Checking to Amex.  

This discussion has been closed.