Print Check with Date Blank?

Options
John Zei
John Zei Member ✭✭
I would like to preprint a check without a date so I can enter the exact date later. I need to have the check available for personal delivery at an as yet unknown date. I intend to enter the date on the check by hand and subsequently update the register. The objective is to avoid handwriting the entire check and have as much of the other information printed for legibility and correctness. I suspect that uncertainty of how Quicken would handle an undated entry for sorting purposes, etc. may be a problem. Any suggestions most welcome.

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not possible. Every transaction in Quicken must have a date.
    Maybe try putting a piece of a post-it note over the date area before printing.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Not possible. Every transaction in Quicken must have a date.
    Maybe try putting a piece of a post-it note over the date area before printing.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• John Zei
    John Zei Member ✭✭
    Options
    Nice work around. Requires some precision to position post-it, but otherwise worked great. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.