Bank of America download issue

Any idea when the Bank of America download issue will be resolved?
Tagged:

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @mcmillanmail - what is your current experience?  Many have posted that the problem is resolved for them.

What version of WINDOWS are you running?

in the register, right under the name of the register, does it say "last downloaded XXX time (expresss web connect +)? 
  • Cannot get the Bank of America to download any transactions. Checked with my anti-virus (Eset) company and they find no problems. Said to contact my bank
  • Current experience - The last transactions which have downloaded from my Bank of America account are dated Nov 14th. I do know there are transactions that have not come down. Transactions from other financial institutions have come down as expected.

Windows version - Microsoft Windows 11 Home

I do not see "last downloaded XXX time (express web connect +) in the register. In the 'One Step Update Summary" I do see 2 accounts updated, 0 new transactions. I assume the accounts being referenced are my mortgage and HELOC for which I only get balances.

As I typed the above, I decided I should double check that Quicken was still connected to the checking account and that Bk of Amer still showed Quicken as having permission to access my account. So, I went through the steps needed to set the account up, again. Once I did this, account activity flowed as it should. I had actually done the same last week before I'd found the announcement concerning the known issue. I can only surmise that when I attempted to reconnect the account while Quicken/BkAmer were having their issue, the account could not link correctly. Once they fixed their issue, the linking of the account worked.

Note: I do now see the last download bit below the account name in the register.

My issue can be closed but may help someone else to resolve theirs.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Carol Gabler- what is your current experience?  Many have posted that the problem is resolved for them.

What version of WINDOWS are you running?

in the register, right under the name of the register, does it say "last downloaded XXX time (expresss web connect +)? 
  • erm
    erm Member
    my bank of america accounts are updating but only 5 days behind. In other words if I update today I only see transactions from 5 days before and earlier not the last 5 days.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @erm

is it consistently 5 days behind? 
    do you have any new transactions in the past 5 days?
    shot in the dark: what is the date on your computer? does it correctly display today's date? 
  • Yeah my bank of america download has been broken since october... they said it was resolved today... but it's not.
  • glas1gow
    glas1gow Member
    I am able to get automatic download of my bank of america credit card but have to do the manual download for the checking account.
  • I'm also at least a day behind. Everything is cleared online and looks good. If I download the transaction file from the BoA website and then open it in Quicken, Quicken asks me to link my account. Then, when I use Quicken's downloading a few days later, it will duplicate a bunch of stuff. Really royal pain!!
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Blacjaguar - have you called Customer service - I suspect they can fix this 
  • I have not been able to download any transactions from Bank of America since 10/7/2022, i updated my connection, it appears to connect and download but nothing comes up, when will this be corrected?
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jkloeckener - it's my understanding it has been corrected; suggest contacing Quicken Support via phone 
  • msmith99usa
    msmith99usa Member ✭✭✭
    With great trepidation, I again attempted to re-connect my BoA Checking Acct and BoA CC Acct. It was about one month ago that it failed despite Q Customer Spt connecting to my desktop and walking me through the steps, then give up. Today went amazingly smooth and I connected both accounts at the same time.I did not have to do one, then the other, as I had been led to believe in some Q FAQ instructions. I am able to use OSU to update both accounts. I am running Windows 10, and Quicken Ver  R44.28 Build 27.1.44.28
  • John McNally
    John McNally Member ✭✭
    As of 12/6 got cursed with the failure to update BofA checking transactions/balance. Shopping for a Quicken replacement if something is not done soon.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @John McNally - have you contacted Support via phone?  Appears many are no longer having issues with BOA.

what version of WINDOWS are you running? 
  • lewisjw
    lewisjw Member
    8 Jan still having issues with B of A downloading in Quicken
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @lewisjw - can you please be more specific? what version of WINDOWS are you using? 
  • ralf444
    ralf444 Member ✭✭
    I have some bank accounts that download ok, but Bank of America is one of several that do not. I see the routing numbers of these accounts are incorrect, and for one there is no correspondence between the account number and the number in Quicken Account details for the account. Multiple resets of online access fail for this class of account. Crazy opening balances are entered. Reconciliation seems not attempted. I have the latest Quicken running on Windows 11 on Parallels on my M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.0.1
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @ralf444 - if the routing numbers are incorrect, presumably that means they are incorrect in Quicken.  Have you attempted to change them?
  • Nika
    Nika Member
    Ive been having BOA issues. Hasnt downloaded anything since 12/27/22. Ive disconnected and reconnected the acccounts (5 total). Im using windows 11
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Nika - when you disconnect and reconnect, does Quicken take you to the BofA website to authenticate?  suggest calling QUicken support and get them to resolve this.  
  • ralf444
    ralf444 Member ✭✭
    Yes, authenticated on BoA website. Last time I did that I chose BoA-Quicken instead of BoA-All_other_states. Then yesterday I noticed when logged in to BoA that Quicken had done the deposit&withdrawal thing, and today after doing one-step update I saw a notification of Quicken update, which I did. Then I did an update on BoA and behold! All BoA accounts were updated! Correctly!
  • RDresch1
    RDresch1 Member
    I am using Quicken Deluxe and I have Windows 11. It is now been close to 4 months or over that I have been unable to have my Bank of America accounts updated/downloaded each day. I did have Quicken tech help a few months ago that included remote access but nothing was fixed. I have been a Quicken customer for over 15 years. Is there a resolution of this long standing deficiency in my future??? Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    suggest contacting both BofA and Quicken (again).  I download from BofA EACH DAY without EVER a problem.  On BofA, are you able to logon to OnLine Banking (just using the browser and not using Quicken)?
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hanigovce - as I asked above, are you able to log on to BofA OnLine Banking from a browser (without using Quicken?) 
This discussion has been closed.