Fidelity Rewards (Elan Financial) stopped updating after 11/17/22. Account reset fails to resolve.

Options
I see other posters out there having similar issues. Can download nothing at this point. Resetting the account just says "Sorry. We encountered an error. It's not your fault."

Who do we need to put pressure on to resolve this? Quicken? Elan Financial?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xpkranger said:
    I see other posters out there having similar issues. Can download nothing at this point. Resetting the account just says "Sorry. We encountered an error. It's not your fault."

Who do we need to put pressure on to resolve this? Quicken? Elan Financial?
    Hello @xpkranger,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If you are noticing this "Sorry. We encountered an error..." message for more than 24 hours, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support with the information provided in this link, given the instructions offered here. Support will need to troubleshoot and document this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources uniquely available to them.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Naples Jim
    Naples Jim Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started getting the cc-508 error on my Elan Financial credit card on 12/18/2022. I tried deactivating and reactivating the One step Update and it failed to reactivate with the same error. I just got off a chat and the response from Quicken was basically "To bad. You need to fix it yourself. We don't contact financial institutions." I have been a Quicken Premier user for a long time (20 - 30 years) and am disappointed to say the least that this is Quickens position on this issue. I am going to contact Fidelity (it is a Fidelity branded card) to see if they can help. In the meantime, does anyone here have any ideas?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I started getting the cc-508 error on my Elan Financial credit card on 12/18/2022. I tried deactivating and reactivating the One step Update and it failed to reactivate with the same error. I just got off a chat and the response from Quicken was basically "To bad. You need to fix it yourself. We don't contact financial institutions." I have been a Quicken Premier user for a long time (20 - 30 years) and am disappointed to say the least that this is Quickens position on this issue. I am going to contact Fidelity (it is a Fidelity branded card) to see if they can help. In the meantime, does anyone here have any ideas?
    Hello @Naples Jim,  

I am sorry about these ongoing online banking issues, as well as this negative experience with Support. Thank you for talking with us about these matters in this Quicken Community Discussion.

We will review the interactions you have had with representatives.

Furthermore, have you already proceeded through the steps listed in this Support Article? Knowing this will help me better understand your situation. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Naples Jim
    Naples Jim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

I checked the article you referred to. I just now cleared cookies, history and temporary files but it was no help. I had already tried everything else it mentioned (several times). I really do appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Naples Jim
    Naples Jim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

I have it fixed.
    For all other Fidelity users who may have this problem, I normally log on to my credit card by going to the "https://login.fidelityrewards.com/" url. I had to instead in to Fidelity and do the following:

Click "Accounts & Trade" in Fidelity.com, and then "Cash management". Then select the "Visa Rewards card" on the bottom left of the page, and then clicking "Account Services" and "Manage your credit card"

This got me to the new terms update which I had to accept.

Once I did that, I went back into Quicken, selected my Credit Card, and told it to setup online updates. Unfortunately, Quicken didn't reactivate my existing card but instead created a new account and imported all items since 9/2/2021.

Fortunately, I Quicken makes a backup every day so I restored yesterday's backup (before I deactivated my account) and it successfully updated my credit card information.

I know this is a little wordy, but it may be of use to others.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @Naples Jim,  
    >
    > I am sorry about these ongoing online banking issues, as well as this negative experience with Support. Thank you for talking with us about these matters in this Quicken Community Discussion.
    >
    > We will review the interactions you have had with representatives.
    >
    > Furthermore, have you already proceeded through the steps listed in this Support Article? Knowing this will help me better understand your situation. 
    >
    >
    > I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns you may have.
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

The instructions at https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-508
    didn't help. Might try @Naples Jim suggestion if this isn't resolved in the next few days.
  • daudelo1
    daudelo1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Naples Jim" said:
    > Jared,
    >
    > I have it fixed.
    > For all other Fidelity users who may have this problem, I normally log on to my credit card by going to the "https://login.fidelityrewards.com/" url. I had to instead in to Fidelity and do the following:
    >
    > Click "Accounts & Trade" in Fidelity.com, and then "Cash management". Then select the "Visa Rewards card" on the bottom left of the page, and then clicking "Account Services" and "Manage your credit card"
    >
    > This got me to the new terms update which I had to accept.
    >
    > Once I did that, I went back into Quicken, selected my Credit Card, and told it to setup online updates. Unfortunately, Quicken didn't reactivate my existing card but instead created a new account and imported all items since 9/2/2021.
    >
    > Fortunately, I Quicken makes a backup every day so I restored yesterday's backup (before I deactivated my account) and it successfully updated my credit card information.
    >
    > I know this is a little wordy, but it may be of use to others.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim
    >

Jim's above suggestion worked for me! Thanks for figuring that out and sharing.
This discussion has been closed.