Download Issue?

Options
SpryWeb
SpryWeb Member ✭✭
I'm very disappointed in Quicken recently, and wonder if others are too? It's been months since Quicken stopped downloading transactions for Citibank accounts (credit cards for me personally, but I'm sure anyone with Citi bank accounts probably has the same issue). Now it's happening to all my accounts. Only 2 out of 35 accounts is receiving updates.

I feel that if I'm going to be made to log into my banks' websites and download the transactions, I should be getting a discount on the software renewal. Either that, or just stop subscribing since online banking isn't working anyway. Anyone else feel the same?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi @SpryWeb

I am surprised that you aren't able to download your Citibank accounts into Quicken,  I haven't seen any other reports of those types of problems.  You said "Only 2 out of 35 accounts is receiving updates"?  Are you getting any error codes, or can you tell us what happens when you try to do a download that prevents that from happening?  Any additional information will be helpful!

And it is strange that "Only 2 out of 35 accounts" are actually receiving updates!  I have never seen such a  widespread breakdown, and I've been using Quicken for a long time.  Can you please tell us which financial institutions are involved and the types of accounts involved (bank, credit cards, investments, etc.) so that we can try to help you fix those issues?

I have not seen any other posts that are reporting such a wide-spread problem with connecting to user's accounts as you are seeing. Please give us more information so that we can try and help you, and others, who may be seeing these problems.

Looking forward to hearing some specific information from you on these issues. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• SpryWeb
    SpryWeb Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    >
    > I am surprised that you aren't able to download your Citibank accounts into Quicken,  I haven't seen any other reports of those types of problems. 

This is a known issue that's been happening for months with Citi. There is another thread with weekly updates that say they don't have an ETA for resolving the issue.

> You said "Only 2 out of 35 accounts is receiving updates"?  Are you getting any error codes, or can you tell us what happens when you try to do a download that prevents that from happening?  Any additional information will be helpful!

The weird thing is that it's showing successful, and updated the two accounts mentioned (Mountain America Credit Union). I have accounts a multiple institutions and they all show "successful" but not having any transactions to reconcile after 2-3 weeks was a red flag, so I went to my everyday bank and manually downloaded the transactions. There were several for each account. Again, no errors during the download (except Citi - CC-503 - but this is a known issue https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20317143#Comment_20317143).

> And it is strange that "Only 2 out of 35 accounts" are actually receiving updates!  I have never seen such a  widespread breakdown, and I've been using Quicken for a long time.  

Me, too, and I used to work for Intuit (the original maker of Quicken). I've used Quicken for at least 20 years.

> Can you please tell us which financial institutions are involved and the types of accounts involved (bank, credit cards, investments, etc.) so that we can try to help you fix those issues?

First Internet Bank of Indiana, Venmo, Citi, AmEx, Simmons First, Home Depot, Amazon, Chevron, ScottTrade, Equitable, LPL, TD Ameritrade, Aspiration, Fidelity, Quicken Loans, Umpqua, Mountain America. It's a mixture of deposit, credit, and investment accounts. The only ones that updated after 2 weeks were the Mountain America accounts, all others showed no transactions.

I also ran the file validation utility, but it found no errors. Other than the Citi problem, this used to work without fail, but clearly it's gotten worse. After an update about a month ago, it imported transactions that were months old and had already been reconciled. That was a chore to clean up, too.
This discussion has been closed.