One Step Update Setup - Capital One CC Freezes Quicken

Options
Using Win 11, R45.13, 32MG Ram. Archived my Master file, then needed to re-setup all my bank links, about 15. All setup fine, except Capital One. I click on setup in the credit card account register and entire Quicken program freezes, locked out. Cursor moves still, but can't access any part of the program. Need to end task in Task Manager to resolve. Validate shows no errors and no errors shown on Quicken. Thoughts?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Using Win 11, R45.13, 32MG Ram. Archived my Master file, then needed to re-setup all my bank links, about 15. All setup fine, except Capital One. I click on setup in the credit card account register and entire Quicken program freezes, locked out. Cursor moves still, but can't access any part of the program. Need to end task in Task Manager to resolve. Validate shows no errors and no errors shown on Quicken. Thoughts?
    Hello @ripster818,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with freezing after trying to add accounts to online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Capital One-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same problem occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

Let us know about your results, if you have the chance to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ripster818
    ripster818 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jared. I understand your instructions. Just to be clear, I have 2 Capital One CC accounts, each with a separate register and each has years worth of data. Both locking up with One Step Update. If I "add" a new account as detailed in your post, will it create a new blank Capital One account or will it allow a link to the old existing accounts and bring in the data?
  • ripster818
    ripster818 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried your "test" file and yes it did add Capital One with no issues. Asked for a reauthorization on the capital One site. However, one account only populated with with 90 days of info, the other nothing, although the later I haven't used in awhile. I went back to the Master file that was causing issues and still failed and locked.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    I tried your "test" file and yes it did add Capital One with no issues. Asked for a reauthorization on the capital One site. However, one account only populated with with 90 days of info, the other nothing, although the later I haven't used in awhile. I went back to the Master file that was causing issues and still failed and locked.
    Hello @ripster818,   

I am sorry about these issues continuing in the original data file, although I appreciate that you took the time to check back in with us and let us know about the results from the test file. 

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the following:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ripster818
    ripster818 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jared. Had done all that. I called support. They recommended I move all my data files from my D: to C: and keep all quicken files with the QW program files. Likewise, the Account under Tools/Account list allowed me to do the setup, unlike the register. We got the account to link. News at 11, but working now.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    Thanks Jared. Had done all that. I called support. They recommended I move all my data files from my D: to C: and keep all quicken files with the QW program files. Likewise, the Account under Tools/Account list allowed me to do the setup, unlike the register. We got the account to link. News at 11, but working now.
    Hello @ripster818,  

Thanks for getting back to me to let me know how things turned out. I am happy to hear that the issue now seems to be resolved, and that you were able to receive helpful assistance from Support.

Feel free to speak with us again if you have any other questions or concerns.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.