R45.13 Completely unreliable downloads

Doug Rousso
Doug Rousso Member ✭✭✭
Haven't been able to download from Bank of America, Schwab and several other accounts despite having migrated ALL of these to the new connection methods!  This app has really become completely unreliable.  

Argh.  

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Haven't been able to download from Bank of America, Schwab and several other accounts despite having migrated ALL of these to the new connection methods!  This app has really become completely unreliable.  

Argh.  
    Hello @Doug Rousso,  

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for talking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

Can you tell us more about what seems to be preventing downloads? Are you noticing any particular error codes, or are transactions simply not appearing after updating accounts? Are you experiencing successfuly updates or downloads with some of your accounts, and if so, what financial institutions are they associated with?

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Doug Rousso
    Doug Rousso Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Thanks for the reply.
    1) transactions do not appear after updating.
    2) transaction do not download and no error message is received.
    3) accounts that have been migrated to new connect method stop working and I have to remove the connection for that provider across all accounts and repeat the setup.  days later, I have to do it again when it fails to conenct again.
    4) All my schwab accounts are not syncing and no error message is displayed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Thanks for the reply.
    1) transactions do not appear after updating.
    2) transaction do not download and no error message is received.
    3) accounts that have been migrated to new connect method stop working and I have to remove the connection for that provider across all accounts and repeat the setup.  days later, I have to do it again when it fails to conenct again.
    4) All my schwab accounts are not syncing and no error message is displayed.
    Hello @Doug Rousso,     

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services continuing. Thank you for answering my earlier questions, and for providing further details about what is happening. 

We are aware of a situation concerning Bank of America accounts wherein transactions fail to download, but there are no error messages. You can follow the link here for additional details, and any future updates.

If accounts with associated with multiple financial institutions are being affected, you may save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the following:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Doug Rousso
    Doug Rousso Member ✭✭✭
    Tried both of those validate and repair methods.  Didn't help.  And to prove how aweful this application has become, I disabled the online services for ALL my schwab accounts and then readded them.  That fixed the downloading of transactions, temporarily at least.  It will break again in a matter of a few weeks I'm sure.  
  • Quicken Jared
    edited December 2022
    Tried both of those validate and repair methods.  Didn't help.  And to prove how aweful this application has become, I disabled the online services for ALL my schwab accounts and then readded them.  That fixed the downloading of transactions, temporarily at least.  It will break again in a matter of a few weeks I'm sure.  
    Hello @Doug Rousso,   

Thank you for getting back to us with your results, and for letting us know which steps you took that seemed to resolve the issue. I do apologize that the issue had been continuing for this long.

Get back to us if you notice any additional issues or have any additional concerns.

Regards,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.