Is anyone having problems with their invoicing after the last software update?

My invoices are no longer auto-populating my customers name & addresses and are instead auto-populating the last service address instead. In addition, there is a new drop-down box appearing on the invoice as well.
Tagged:

Answers

  • rwhitney
    rwhitney Member
    When creating an invoice in H&B and you select a customer from the dropdown box it used to fill the Bill to box with the proper information from the address book. Currently it is splitting the information between the Bill to box and the Customer box with the customer box also retaining information from the previous invoice. I am using the current version 45.13, this started a few revisions ago, thought it would have been fixed sooner.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    rwhitney said:
    When creating an invoice in H&B and you select a customer from the dropdown box it used to fill the Bill to box with the proper information from the address book. Currently it is splitting the information between the Bill to box and the Customer box with the customer box also retaining information from the previous invoice. I am using the current version 45.13, this started a few revisions ago, thought it would have been fixed sooner.
    Hello @rwhitney and @cgeiger,   

    I am sorry about this issue with autopopulation of customer information in Invoices. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for more information about this.

    First, be sure to check for updates by navigating to Help > Check for Updates in the menu bar at the top of the Quicken window. If the issue continues, try restoring from a backup saved prior to when you noticed this issue. We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, you should be able to restore from a backup that was saved just prior to when this issue emerged by navigating to File > Restore from backup... in the same menu. I am curious about whether or not this problem continues in the restored file. 

    I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • rwhitney
    rwhitney Member
    Restoring from a backup from several revisions ag is not feasible since I would loose all data added since then. I have been using Quicken for easily over 10 years with no issues with invoicing until this one. This may have started around release 45.7
  • rwhitney said:
    Restoring from a backup from several revisions ag is not feasible since I would loose all data added since then. I have been using Quicken for easily over 10 years with no issues with invoicing until this one. This may have started around release 45.7
    Hello @rwhitney,   

    Thanks for speaking with us about this in greater detail. 

    To be clear, what version of the software are you currently operating? You can check this by navigating to Help > About Quicken in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Have you tried checking for updates, per the previous instructions?

    Let us know if you were able to update the software after searching for updates, as this is one variable we will need to eliminate. 

    Thanks, 

    Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you noticed, there has been a change in the Customer Invoice data entry form. Quicken Customers requested that Ship To - Addresses be saved with each customer's Address Book record.
    By default, as far as I can determine, when creating a new invoice, the Ship To address is filled from new fields added to the customer's address book record. If blank, the Bill To address is copied into Ship To. Clicking the new down arrow button in the Ship To box gives you a selection list and a "Manage" button (which opens up the Address Book record.
    What, exactly, seems to be the problem with using the Ship To address field? Are you using it for different purposes, other than a Ship To address?
    Can you show us examples of what is happening in your case, pre and post this update?
  • rwhitney
    rwhitney Member
    Hi UKR, what version what this change made. I may just go back to that version.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rwhitney said:
    Hi UKR, what version what this change made. I may just go back to that version.
    According to https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-windows-release-notes this change was made in Release 44.20 in September 2022.
This discussion has been closed.