How do I make a transfer in my register between bank accounts at different banks

Options
I keep getting a drop down menu that says "intra-bank only"

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds like you are putting "Transfer" in the check number field. That tells Quicken you are trying to send transfer instructions to the bank to transfer between accounts.

Instead, put Transfer in the Category field. Then you can do one of two things:

1. Turn on the Transfer column (menu View > Columns) and put the other bank account in that column, or 

2. In the Category column put "Transfer:[otherbankname]". That will do the same thing as putting the other bank name in the Transfer column.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds like you are putting "Transfer" in the check number field. That tells Quicken you are trying to send transfer instructions to the bank to transfer between accounts.

Instead, put Transfer in the Category field. Then you can do one of two things:

1. Turn on the Transfer column (menu View > Columns) and put the other bank account in that column, or 

2. In the Category column put "Transfer:[otherbankname]". That will do the same thing as putting the other bank name in the Transfer column.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Creative
    Creative Member
    Options
    Thanks!