SEI Downloads

Options
Lee Wunsch
Lee Wunsch Member ✭✭
For the last few weeks, I have had significant issues downloading data from SEI and my investment accounts. The download process works but the online accounts never match the corresponding Quicken accounts. I've tried everything I know: resetting accounts, etc. Any ideas? I believe this is a Quicken issue not an SEI issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the last few weeks, I have had significant issues downloading data from SEI and my investment accounts. The download process works but the online accounts never match the corresponding Quicken accounts. I've tried everything I know: resetting accounts, etc. Any ideas? I believe this is a Quicken issue not an SEI issue.
    Hello @Lee Wunsch,   

I am sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, what connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box. 

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your SEI-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

I look forward to hearing about your results, and I hope to provide additional recommendations, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Lee Wunsch
    Lee Wunsch Member ✭✭
    Options
    Effected Ddwnloads are done by direct connect. Please advise.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Effected Ddwnloads are done by direct connect. Please advise.
    Hello @Lee Wunsch,    

Thanks for answering the earlier question about which connection method is currently in use.

If these problems are seen to continue in the test file, then given the connection method, it will be necessary to speak with SEI support for additional assistance. It is often best to ask to speak with 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when reaching out to support, as these individuals are most knowledgable about third-party software, such as Quicken. This will be required because we do not have access to the servers through which these transactions were made available.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.