Minimized account registers don't display at the bottom

irmaks
irmaks Member ✭✭
I was able to see all open but minimized accounts at the bottom of the quicken screen so I could easily go back and forth between accounts. But recently when I minimized account it is not there anymore. To get to it I have to open account again from account list. Same goes about any pop up screen I open in Quicken, ex. reports, investments etc. Thank you.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the Use popup registers setting in Edit / Preferences / Register to open and switch between account registers?
    Normally, I would say, this is not necessary. Using the Account Sidebar, usually on the left side of the Quicken window, you can easily switch between all account registers, without the need for "Use popup registers" being enabled.
    There may be a limit on how many popup registers plus reports and other views you can have open at any time.
  • irmaks
    irmaks Member ✭✭
    Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes I have that option checked, but it is not quite what I'm looking for. I can have multiple windows open up including accounts, reports etc. But if I minimize it the only way to get back to it to open it again from account bar and it is not like it was before. The open windows used to be minimized as an icons at the bottom of quicken screen similar like open apps are showing in taskbar of windows
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @irmaks,

Which version and release of Quicken are you currently running?  Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• irmaks
    irmaks Member ✭✭
    Hi @Frankx , I'm using R46.12 Build 27.1.46.12.
    Thank you.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @irmaks,

If I understand correctly, I believe that you are saying that the "Use pop-up registers" setting is no longer behaving the way that it used to - is that correct?

If so, I suspect that a recent Quicken release may have caused the pop-up registers setting to malfunction.  If you agree, I suggest that you report this matter to Quicken. You can do that by going to "Help" > "Report a Problem" and describe the problem.  You can also deselect all of the log files, because that aren't relevant.  

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I continue to see the minimized windows in R46.12, for pop-up registers as well as all other windows. In fact these little things (not sure what they're called) appear whether the window is open or minimized.
    All I can think of is that your main Quicken window is too low on the screen and the bottom row is falling off the screen. Maybe show us a screen shot.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.