Is aggregation provider's password supposed to display for an Express Web Connect account?

Options
When I reset my Associated Bank account, which uses Express Web Connect where my password isn't required because it is encrypted and stored with Quicken's "aggregation provider," Quicken displays during the reset process a password I never established. So I override that password with my own "real" password, and the reset works. But if I do another reset, that same password I didn't establish again appears as if it's "hardwired" into the account. I am assuming I haven't been hacked, but is this hardwired password supposed to be displayed like that? Is it possibly the password Quicken's "aggregation provider" uses for my Express Web Connect accounts? For everyone's accounts? Or am I being hacked with that hardwired password? Also, I have a related question: if I attempt to reset the account (where no data is supposed to change), the online services are immediately deactivated even if I attempt to cancel the reset. Is that a coding error at Quicken, or is a reset request equivalent to a request to deactivate online services? Thanks. Mike O'Brien

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    When I reset my Associated Bank account, which uses Express Web Connect where my password isn't required because it is encrypted and stored with Quicken's "aggregation provider," Quicken displays during the reset process a password I never established. So I override that password with my own "real" password, and the reset works. But if I do another reset, that same password I didn't establish again appears as if it's "hardwired" into the account. I am assuming I haven't been hacked, but is this hardwired password supposed to be displayed like that? Is it possibly the password Quicken's "aggregation provider" uses for my Express Web Connect accounts? For everyone's accounts? Or am I being hacked with that hardwired password? Also, I have a related question: if I attempt to reset the account (where no data is supposed to change), the online services are immediately deactivated even if I attempt to cancel the reset. Is that a coding error at Quicken, or is a reset request equivalent to a request to deactivate online services? Thanks. Mike O'Brien
    Hello @Mike O'Brien,    

We are sorry to hear about these issues with credentials and online banking services. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

In order to answer some of these questions, I will need some additional clarification. When does this encrypted password appear? In the One Step Update Summary? Also, are you receiving any error messages with numeric codes when prompted to reenter or 'reset' passwords? If so, what kind? Lastly, is this affecting only your Associated Bank account(s)? I am not familiar with Express Web Accounts associated with other banks changing the user's password automatically to something they did not, themselves, create, if that is what appears to be happening (although I understand your self-created password appears to be working).

I look forward to your answers, and I hope to work with you further on this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.