I can't download Ally Invest Securities and it deactivates my Ally checking/savings accounts

Options
I'm trying to add my Ally Invest brokerage account to Quicken. I selected Add Account... from the tools menu and followed the procedure to add the account. Everything seems to work fine, but when it says updating accounts nothing is downloaded. The assistant finishes and the account balance on the investing account shows a 0 balance with no added securities. It's displayed as an empty account under Investing. I then tried to initiate another one-step update and noticed that my Ally checking and savings accounts are not in the download transaction list any longer. My next step was to add the Ally checking and savings accounts back to Online Services, but now it deactivates the Ally Investment account. Looking at the account list to add existing accounts it only shows "don't add to Quicken" for the investment account with no other option to choose from. I tried this several times, always with the same result. Either I have the Ally Invest account working in the one step update or the Ally Checking/Savings account. But never both. And the Ally Invest account is always empty with a 0 balance. How can I resolve that to have a my transactions working for both my banking and investing accounts?
My Quicken version is Deluxe R47.11 on Windows 11.

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @skubli

Was this your first attempt to add the Ally Invest account to your Quicken datafile? Also, have you had the Ally Bank account connected and properly downloading prior to today? 

My understanding is that the behavior you are seeing is the same as other users, and that it is not currently possible maintain Quicken connections for both accounts at the same time.  Others have maintained the connection for the account that is most active or complex (oftentimes the brokerage account) and manually downloading (or entering) transactions for the other account (again most often the bank account).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @skubli

Was this your first attempt to add the Ally Invest account to your Quicken datafile? Also, have you had the Ally Bank account connected and properly downloading prior to today? 

My understanding is that the behavior you are seeing is the same as other users, and that it is not currently possible maintain Quicken connections for both accounts at the same time.  Others have maintained the connection for the account that is most active or complex (oftentimes the brokerage account) and manually downloading (or entering) transactions for the other account (again most often the bank account).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• skubli
    skubli Member
    Options
    Yes, it's the first time I tried to add the Ally Invest account. The Ally Checking/Savings account has been working fine for years. If that is the case, I'll create a new file with my investment accounts only and a separat file for my bank and credit cards. Not optimal, but at least I have a place where I can track all of my investments in one place.
  • jondrich
    jondrich Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. How about fixing it Quicken??
  • Rick Staveley
    Rick Staveley Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am also having trouble with my connection to Ally money market accounts. It will not download and when trying to reset the connection, it disabled my Quicken access.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Search the forums for ALLY, then most recent. Lots of errors and issues starting 2/22. You are not alone.
This discussion has been closed.