HELP! Reinstalled Quicken to try to solve problem and won't open

Options
After an online chat expert at Quicken advised me to reinstall Quicken to try to solve a problem with it bringing up an empty sign in box when online, I now can't open it at all.  I downloaded Quicken and then the patch for the last version I had.  My file briefly shows up onscreen and then disappears and an empty box appears with no ability to do anything.  What can I do?  It won't open online or offline (which it used to do).  I am considering re-subscribing but don't want to do that until I know I'll be able to sign in and open the new version.  The first problem might have started when I had to change my email address on Quicken due to the previous provider being sold to a new internet company.  In both cases, what should have been a sign in box was blank with no place to enter credentials.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    GrandmaJo said:
    After an online chat expert at Quicken advised me to reinstall Quicken to try to solve a problem with it bringing up an empty sign in box when online, I now can't open it at all.  I downloaded Quicken and then the patch for the last version I had.  My file briefly shows up onscreen and then disappears and an empty box appears with no ability to do anything.  What can I do?  It won't open online or offline (which it used to do).  I am considering re-subscribing but don't want to do that until I know I'll be able to sign in and open the new version.  The first problem might have started when I had to change my email address on Quicken due to the previous provider being sold to a new internet company.  In both cases, what should have been a sign in box was blank with no place to enter credentials.
    Hello @GrandmaJo,   

We are sorry about this problem with launching the program. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

I see that you have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but did you also navigate to the Program Files (x86) folder and removing the Quicken files there after uninstalling, and before installing once again? You could try uninstalling the program once more using the steps listed in this Support Article, then removing the Program Files as described above before reinstalling with these steps here, if not.

Let us know more about this, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.