One Step Update - why so slow?

Why is the one step update now taking over 15 minutes and continously timing about? Is this an issue with the new update?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jkozaritz said:
    Why is the one step update now taking over 15 minutes and continously timing about? Is this an issue with the new update?
    Hello @jkozaritz,   

We are sorry about this issue with online banking services and slowness. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. 

Let us know about your results, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Thank you for the suggestion, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken twice. I just tried again and its been spinning during the One Step update for now over 20 minutes
  • Quicken Jared
    jkozaritz said:
    Thank you for the suggestion, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken twice. I just tried again and its been spinning during the One Step update for now over 20 minutes
    Hello @jkozaritz,   

We are sorry that this issue remains, even after uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Thank you for letting us know about what your results were. 

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sparks
    Sparks Member ✭✭
    I have had this same issue that started back a few months ago after an update.... using web/direct connect it took maybe 60 seconds. somewhere just before or after the new year one step update now takes several mins on a good day (gig speed hard wired). its so slow there is a need to post, follow up and troubleshoot I feel. yes have un/reintstalled, deactivated, reactivated, validated, tried new user/file..... this is a back end problem.. probably with the cloud sync portion I'm guessing...
  • meanor
    meanor Member
    I have been having this issue for months, to the point of replacing quicken with another software. It is now taking over 10 minutes, as if this morning 2-28-2023, to get an update. Why is this taking so long?
  • Quicken Jared

Hello @Sparks and @meanor ,

We are sorry that you seem to be affected by the same issues regarding online banking services and slowness. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you each tried refreshing the registration token, per the instructions provided earlier in this thread?

I hope to hear back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• Reffy
    Reffy Member
    I have the SAME issue for several months and I have tried all suggestions. I just begin the update and walk away and come back later. Not sure what has happened.
  • Bruce_A
    Bruce_A Member
    I have the same issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, signed out and in, validated file, all that. One Step Update still does not work. Seems like it has been a problem for months best I can tell. I considering cancelling my subscription. Taking too long.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

I have found (for me) that when this happens it is an issue with an Online Biller. If you uncheck Online Bills in OSU settings, does it go quickly? If so, then you have a starting point for fixing this. I would unlink and delte online billers one a time until you find the cultprit, then add it back and link again.

Hope this helps.

• Charles Ely
    Charles Ely Member

I am having this same problem with 2 of my 5 banks. Just started this week after working well for many months.

•  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta

Hello folks - Checking in to see if there has been an official response / update from Quicken.

TO clarify - my issue is with the response time of Quicken during the One-Step update. It's very frustrating this issue is still occuring after all this time, as so many other users have expressed.

I too have been having this issue for quite some time, even after changing to a brand new computer. Quicken is the only software on this new laptop with an extremely slow response time when pulling data from a 3rd-party.

Once I fist installed and started downloading, the downloads only took about 4 minutes total. I was extremely satisfied, especially with 70+ accounts. However, it didn't take long, maybe 2 weeks, before this update started to exceed 2 hours!

You can imagine the issues this causes, blocking access to my other financial date, especially bussiness related, whiile Quicken takes its time processing.

Any input would be appreciated!

Quick note - I've already tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread and others.

• Cliff S
    Cliff S Member ✭✭✭
    I tried the fix as discribed above on Feb 13th & Feb 27th. No improvement. Is there a fix for this issue.
  • Simon T
    Simon T Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    April 27 2023, same issue here, any updates on solutions would be much appreciated. Until the last couple of months it used to sync in less than a minute, now I select sync and walk away to let it do it's thing, very slow!
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

If any of your Online Billers are EWC or EWC +, that's the likely cause. Direct Connect was MUCH faster. You are not alone.

• gwasserm
    gwasserm Member ✭✭
    EWC is so slow. If one of the accounts requires a password or answer to a security question, the update for all of the other EWC accounts is halted until you respond. In summary, it is not an asynchronous update. Software is very poorly coded and flawed. :( :*
  •  KQ
    KQ Member, Windows Beta Beta

WHAT IS NEEDED TO GET A RESPONSE FROM QUICKEN?

Has there been any work done to recode EWC to resolve the response time? I totally agree - this has to be a flaw in the software. I have every possible account of the 70+ active downloads using Direct Connect. It's only those that are EWC or EWC+, and especially those that require a security question in the middle of the download. Even when I uncheck those, it still takes an unacceptable amount of time.

Really curious as to the plan to resolve and when it will be implemented.

This discussion has been closed.