I have two different Logins with Bank of America, but One Step Update doesn't handle that

Good afternoon-
With the new change, likely for the better overall, of how Quicken interfaces with Bank of America using tokens and such... I am now not able to get my information because I have two logins between myself and my wife.

I have been having issues with updates, so I went in and deleted/disconnected all my online connections and am re-entering them a few at a time. I did my first connection to BOA with my login and linked the two credit cards and checking account. Downloaded fine. Then I closed the browser and attempted to link again the other credit cards that my wife has on her login from Bank of America. Again, it connected fine and I linked them to the existing accounts.
When it finished synchronizing, it then said that two CC that I had linked first with my username were no longer found at BOA and I should delete the accounts.

It would appear that Quicken only saved the most recent connection or token in the data file, thus ignoring my other unique log in... Anyone able to elevate this error or item for correction? Or have a proper work around?

I feel like I had this problem years ago with our two accounts at T.Rowe Price retirement, but I thought that was due to an account name character limit and it wasn't able to save the unique account number at the very end of the string in the old file format. But that would not be the same problem as here, but may be similar for the tech support folks.

Comments

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    DeweyVT03 said:
    Good afternoon-
    With the new change, likely for the better overall, of how Quicken interfaces with Bank of America using tokens and such... I am now not able to get my information because I have two logins between myself and my wife.

    I have been having issues with updates, so I went in and deleted/disconnected all my online connections and am re-entering them a few at a time. I did my first connection to BOA with my login and linked the two credit cards and checking account. Downloaded fine. Then I closed the browser and attempted to link again the other credit cards that my wife has on her login from Bank of America. Again, it connected fine and I linked them to the existing accounts.
    When it finished synchronizing, it then said that two CC that I had linked first with my username were no longer found at BOA and I should delete the accounts.

    It would appear that Quicken only saved the most recent connection or token in the data file, thus ignoring my other unique log in... Anyone able to elevate this error or item for correction? Or have a proper work around?

    I feel like I had this problem years ago with our two accounts at T.Rowe Price retirement, but I thought that was due to an account name character limit and it wasn't able to save the unique account number at the very end of the string in the old file format. But that would not be the same problem as here, but may be similar for the tech support folks.
    Hello @DeweyVT03,         

    I am sorry about this problem with online banking services and missing accounts. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

    Unfortunately, given the nature of this issue, and the financial institution involved, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

    I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.