Can't get older transactions from USAA account

merowe
merowe Member ✭✭

A month or so ago I noticed my CC trasnactions weren't being downloaded from USAA. I needed to reauthenticate. Interestingly enough, my savings/checkings info did download from USAA.

After reaunthenticating, it's only downloading a few days worth of data from my CC, not the past few months that are missing! I don't have the option of downloading from USAA any longer to work around these issues. Why doesn't quicken allow me force a date range for downloading, since it seems to choose the wrong 'start date' to download from?

As an additional note, I did talk with a Quicken representative. We proved it wasn't a USAA issue because we made a backup of the quicken file with a date range backdating a couple months and tried the express web connect in that file. It worked fine and downloaded everything. He told me to just work in that file, but that unfortunately loses a lot of information and isn't an acceptable solution.

Can anything be done here? This has been a frustrating situation that I've been trying to fix for a month now, without any luck. If I could just specify a start date (instead of the auto calculated one), my problem would be solved.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In my notes I have these old instructions … I don't know if they still work, but it's worth a try, IMHO ….

Reset your account Starting Date for downloaded transactions.
    1. Make sure you have (or create) a backup of your Quicken data file ... just in case …
    2. Go to the Online Center by selecting the Tools menu > Online Center.
    3. In the Online Center hold down the Ctrl key and click Contact Info.
    4. In the Refresh Online Transaction Information window, choose the account you are having problems downloading a full range of transactions.
    5. Click on the Reset DTSTART button.
    Warning: Using this function resets Quicken's list of last downloaded transactions. This means that after this button is reset, it is possible you will download several duplicate transactions.
    6. Choose the earliest date of a transaction you are missing and click OK.
    7. Click on the Refresh button.
    8. Attempt to download again.

• merowe
    merowe Member ✭✭

Thanks, UKR - didn't know about this menu. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The DSTART date does update (next to the button), but it looks like Express Web Connect does not abide by the value I set here.

• merowe
    merowe Member ✭✭

Anyone else have any ideas? Quicken folks?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

Sorry about that. I guess, it was worth a try. I'll scratch it from my notes.

The only other information I have also is old and I don't know if it'll work with USAA, but might also be worth a try …

• merowe
    merowe Member ✭✭

Thanks Again, UKR - unfortunately, any downloading from the USAA website has been removed, and they do not plan to add it back. This has been my historical workaround when quicken messed up and missed a certain date range.

• merowe
    merowe Member ✭✭

Anyone else? Still trying to get this. I'm starting to lose faith quicken is willing to help me fix this. From what I can tell, this is a quicken issue.

This discussion has been closed.