Deleted reminders (from 2021) are now reappearing

Options

These reminders (6 or 7 of them) were gone and have recently reappeared in my Bill Reminders. I have since deleted each of them (one at a time, of course) but the next time I open Quicken they all reappear. I have now done this several times.

How do I get them to remain deleted?

Tagged:

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• JLUren
    JLUren Member
    Options

Thank you. That seemed to do the trick!

• JLUren
    JLUren Member
    Options

However….it messed up every split transaction going back years. So my data is no longer useful at all.

• JLUren
    JLUren Member
    Options

I have restored my data from the backup done before the validation and "repair" so need a different approach to getting these to fully delete and not return

• JLUren
    JLUren Member
    Options

Also, it now no longer will update any accounts.

This discussion has been closed.