Unable to Add New Credit Card Account - Quicken assigned account to a different account (edit)

Options
JohnLA
JohnLA Member ✭✭

I tried to add another credit card account to a bank for which I already have a credit card. I went through the process sucessfully but Quicken never showed the new account even after several attempts over two days.

I finally saw that Quicken had assigned the new account number to an existing saving account at another institution. I now have two problems: I don't have the new credit card account and my existing accout is messed up because it has a different account # with another bank.

Please help.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what version …. Help —> About Quicken

what bank -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JohnLA
    JohnLA Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the quick response. I hope the following will provide enough information for a more specific diagnosis:

Quicken Premier
    Version: R48.15
    Build: 27.1.48.15
    Windows 10 Enterprise

The new account I am trying to link to Quicken is listed in my accounts with the bank. The bank was a major national one. I am reluctant to provide more specific detail in an open channel. I don't understand why the particular bank would matter. I seems that the problem is with Quicken not recognizing the new account at the bank or, alternatively, letting me enter the account in Quicken.

Again, thank you for any help you can provide.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if you read thru all the various postings on the forum -
    you will see two major questions are always asked by those trying to help ….. Quicken version + what bank -

Why - again, if you read thru all the various postings on the fourm,
    you will see two causes of problems - recent Quicken update + specific bank issues

Since you wont tell us all the name of the bank - we can't tell you what the problem might be -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• JohnLA
    JohnLA Member ✭✭
    Options
    This was my mistake. I didn't previously see that I could change the name of Quicken account.
This discussion has been closed.