Quicken 2013 Data File does not open offline

Options

I have Quicken Deluxe 2013 installed in my computer, I am trying to open a 2014 data file and update it to nowadays, the computer suggested me to convert the file, and it would be placed in a Q13Files folder, however after converting, it asks me to sign in, I would like to continue using the Q13 offline version, without the subscription, how should I proceed?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't open a Quicken 2014 data file with Quicken 2013. The file is not backwards compatible.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Greg, thanks, I am trying to open a Q13 file that I created in 2014, the file format is Q13, that I used offline and I would like to continue using offline, I now use Windows 11, thanks

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing? Are you being asked for a password for the Quicken data file?

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Greg, when I click on the file, it requests the file password, after entering, it requests a file convertion, after converted (hopefully), it requests me to sign in, I haven´t signed in because I want to use Q13 files offline.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

If you're using Quicken 2014 or later, you have to sign-in using a Quicken ID/password to use Quicken.

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

I am trying to use my offline copy of Q13, and even when I click on the .exe, it asks me to sign in

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

What version of Quicken are you using?

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Deluxe 2013

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

I would like to continue using it offline, without the annual subscription

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Quicken Deluxe 2013 does not require a Quicken ID/password. You must have a later version. Can you cancel out of the Quicken ID window

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

can you verify this with …. Complete info -
    Help —> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Greg, I know it whouldn´t require ID and password, but it is requiring now, hehehe

when I cancel it goes in a loop, back to ID and password requests

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Ps56k2, I didn´t understand your coment, could you explain the idea?

I checked with quicken , they do not support Quicken Deluxe 2013 anymore

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Keep canceling out of the Quicken ID/password request until you get to the Quicken screen. Help —> About Quicken. If you're being asked to a Quicken ID/password, I'm 99% sure you're running Quicken 2014 or later. Have you looked at the list of programs in the Control Panel under Add/Remove Prrograms? You can also find the qw.exe file and check Properties and Details to find your version of Quicken.

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Greg, these are the properties, so it seems that on feb 3 , 2022 I may have updated the .exe file, that was created in 2021,

I also have a download .exe from march 7, 2021

should I rename de current folder and reinstall from this downloaded copy?

I tried to open a backup file from 2015, but it also requested ID and password, I don´t remember having this problem in feb 3, 2022

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

You're using Quicken Subscription, not Quicken 2013. If you want to use Quicken 2013, you need to uninstall Quicken Subscription, download/install Quicken 2013 (https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/ASDES5672FR13/Old_Products/QWIN/QW2013DLX.exe) and then open your Quicken data file.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yes - R38.29 was released in February 2022 and is a post-2018 Subscription version…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Greg,

searching my previous notebook, I realized that I had a Quicken Deluxe 2017 version installed and it opened in windows 10 without requestind ID and pwd, I have the installation .exe, perhaps in 2018 I updated to 2017,

I don´t really know which version I have in my current notebook, so it might be 2017,

if I uninstall the current quicken and install the .exe for 2017, should it work?

thanks

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

You need the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\QUICKEN.INI file from your previous notebook to get Quicken 2017 working. See:

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Ps56k2 and Greg, my Q-2017 is version E17.4, Build 26.1.17.4 and it seems to be steady in my previous notebook, is that previous to the subscription format?

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"version R17.4"}]}]
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"type":"p","children":[{"text":"version R17.4"}]}]
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek , I learned that the .ini file is hidden, and there is a long time since I last dealt with how to see the hidden files,

in the Quicken folder in old computer I couldn´t find the \Config\QUICKEN.INI config folder nor the .ini file, how should I proceed?

I already uninstalled the .exe in my current notebook , pls check the folders and .ini files I can see.
  • Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek
    however there are some config files as in the image
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Options

You need to show hidden items in File Explorer.

• Pedro Branco
    Pedro Branco Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Greg_the_Geek, I checked and it is already configured to show hidden files
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is the path ….

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Quicken\Config\

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"version R17.4"

also - Where or how did you get this version of Quicken - as there is no R17.4 listed -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.