Quicken downloads only current month

Options
I use Quicken Home & Business. I hadn't downloaded my PayPal transactions into Quicken since January. When I try to do it now, it downloads March transactions (current month), but nothing for January or February. Why aren't these downloading? Usually at least the last 90 days are downloaded.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Permutations
    Permutations Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I ended up going a much simpler route. PayPal lets you download QIF files for dates years back. I downloaded the QIF, imported it into a temp cash account, edited the categories, then cut and pasted the transactions into the real account.

In the past I've edited the QIF file itself, which is easier than editing it within Quicken, but it works either way. It's just tedious.

I don't understand why PayPal would only let you download the current month within Quicken. I called and spoke to PayPal customer service, but the guy I spoke to was as mystified as I was. No solutions.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To manipulate QIF files in the future, you might consider using the free ImportQIF.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Permutations
    Permutations Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Some years ago, I found the Quicken Support article on the QIF format in the Wayback Machine (originally posted in 2005), and I use that to edit the files directly in EditPad Lite. It's straightforward if you know the codes and format - it's just a simple coded text file.
This discussion has been closed.