how do I create a Zelle payment in Quicken on my Mac?

paul12
paul12 Member ✭✭
I bank with Wells Fargo and have started to send checks directly to others. My Quicken account records the activity perfectly after it clears the bank. I have only created payments via the bank app. How do I create these payments on my Mac and transmit them to Wells Fargo?

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

please note - as highlighted above - that the Quicken "payment" capability is only avail if the bank has Direct Connect and also has opted to support the Quicken "payment" feature…

If WF chooses to eliminate Direct Connect, then the payment feature will go away… like Chase and others.
    This has nothing to do with Zelle, but if you were creating payments within Quicken, then this would be an issue.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

I don't believe you can. Quicken will link to a billpay service, but I've never seen any direct connection to Zelle (or any other cash apps). Not a fact / only my impression.

In your Wells Fargo billpay function, is there an option to use Zelle for a payee rather than just entering their address or ACH details? If so, then it should work for existing payees created from the Wells Fargo app/site.

I'm confused, though, as your subject refers to Zelle … but your message seems to refer entirely to how to use billpay in Quicken linked to your Wells Fargo billpay, which is an existing function Quicken.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the exact name you selected in Quicken for adding Wells Fargo ? Here is one entry …
    It does in fact support sending "payments" from Quicken up to WF for payment via their bill payment feature.
    However - there is no method for handling the very special case of Zelle - only the normal bill payment feature.

03000 03000 03000 Wells Fargo Bank http://www.wellsfargo.com/ 1-800-956-4442
    https://connect.secure.wellsfargo.com/auth/login/present ACTIVE
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• paul12
    paul12 Member ✭✭
    So far, all answer# have been negative. I am able to create payments via my WF app and they are sent immediately via email. The items show up promptly in my Quicken register when I update daily. Not perfect, but no check printing and no postage, so I am content. Thanks for all the comments.

Paul
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023 Answer ✓

please note - as highlighted above - that the Quicken "payment" capability is only avail if the bank has Direct Connect and also has opted to support the Quicken "payment" feature…

If WF chooses to eliminate Direct Connect, then the payment feature will go away… like Chase and others.
    This has nothing to do with Zelle, but if you were creating payments within Quicken, then this would be an issue.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW - all this info is from my Windows side of Quicken, but would expect the Mac side to mirror the same features…

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.