No Fidelity Government Money Market Fund transactions except dividends download

Options

I have multiple accounts at Fidelity. All transactions for all other securities are downloaded as expected. The only transactions that are downloaded for Fidelity Government Money Market Fund (SPAXX) are dividends. All of the other transactions are visible on the web site.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it's probably your core cash holding, reflected as cash by Fidelity.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• frankwilson
    frankwilson Member ✭✭
    Options
    It is, and every time I do anything that consumes cash or generates cash, the web site shows a buy or sell transaction for the money market fund that Quicken should be downloading, but isn't.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

That's the way Fidelity works with Quicken. That security is considered Cash and will not show Buys and Sells. I prefer it that way, don't you? Otherwise, every sweep in and out of the fund would show irrelevant, if actual, transactions and clutter your register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• frankwilson
    frankwilson Member ✭✭
    Options
    You have a point, Rocket, that I hadn't considered, being a bit OCD and also having a couple of decades of using Quicken with Vanguard behind me, during which I got very used to see money market fund transactions in the register.

It turns out that in Preferences, under Downloaded transactions, there is a checkbox for "Never interpret downloaded Money Market funds as cash." It was unchecked, and I checked it. However, there was no immediate visible change, even after updating transactions and closing and opening Quicken. Hopefully, it will be effective for future transactions.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

@frankwilson If that doesn't work, you may have to contact Fido to change it from their end.

This discussion has been closed.