"Your Last Online Session was not completed" - how to resolve?

Options

Last month, I was prompted to update my American Express account due to changes to the way Quicken connected, and that appeared to have been OK. But since then, I'm getting "Your last online session was not completed" messages both when Quicken opens and closes. I've run validate and super-validate, and I've confirmed that all of my accounts appear to be updating properly in the OSU Summary, and all of my transactions have been accepted. Everything appears to be fine, other than this persistent message.

I've de-activated the AmEx account, but the issue persists. I've reinstalled Quicken, and moved my data file as well, as I started to have issues with Quicken locking my data file and being unable to open it on subsequent attempts.

Any other advice to try to get rid of this annoying message?

Best Answer

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure you do not have a hidden AmEx account that was not deactivated. Do you have more than 1 AmEx account activated? Have you tried an Account Reset instead of deactivate? When you deactivated, did you run an OSU before re-activating to verify the error cleared?

You could try deleting the runtime.dat file and the numbered folder associated with AmEx. They are found in the hidden Program Data folder under Quicken folder.

Last resort if you are sure the error is associated with AmEx, create a new manual account, move all transactions from the problem account to the new account. Delete the problem account and set up the new account for downloads. Before moving transactions, if any are reconciled, change them all to Cleared status, otherwise you will be prompted for an Okay for every Reconciled transaction.

Answers

• ChrisSBU
    ChrisSBU Member
    Options

And fwiw, I have also gone to "Report a problem" and submitted all of the details, and never received any kind of response.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Make sure you do not have a hidden AmEx account that was not deactivated. Do you have more than 1 AmEx account activated? Have you tried an Account Reset instead of deactivate? When you deactivated, did you run an OSU before re-activating to verify the error cleared?

You could try deleting the runtime.dat file and the numbered folder associated with AmEx. They are found in the hidden Program Data folder under Quicken folder.

Last resort if you are sure the error is associated with AmEx, create a new manual account, move all transactions from the problem account to the new account. Delete the problem account and set up the new account for downloads. Before moving transactions, if any are reconciled, change them all to Cleared status, otherwise you will be prompted for an Okay for every Reconciled transaction.

• ChrisSBU
    ChrisSBU Member
    Options

No hidden accounts.

I deactivated and ran an OSU, which appeared fine. Then I went to exit Quicken, and go the dreaded message. And again when I opened it up again.

In ProgramData/Quicken, there are a handful of numbered folders, only one of which has any .dat files in it. Looking at those files, they appear to be tied to a different account. I guess I'll try disabling the online updates for that account and see if perhaps that's the culprit.

And lo and behold…that appears to have been it. The AmEx issue was a red herring - just a coincidence that things went sideways when the AmEx update happened. Thanks for the suggestion to look in the dat files!

This discussion has been closed.