Adjusting account order in portfolio view stopped working?

Options
rfe001
rfe001 Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I run Premier 2016, Version R 14.1, Build: 25.1.14.9.

Recently the the investing tab order feature has stopped operating logically. I adjust the investing accounts to display in the order: A, B, C, D, E on the investing side tab, however, the accounts display in a very different order such as: B, E, C: A: D as I scroll through the investing portfolio display window. I cannot back out of the order that the program decides to use.

Has anyone else had a similar challenge and hopefully, solved it?

rfe001

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

"Side bar" and "side panel" are not Quicken terms so I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the Account Bar which can be on the left or right side of the window, that has no relation whatsoever to the account orders in the portfolio views and never has.

You must customize each portfolio view to get the account order you want.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

Are you talking about the account order in portfolio views? That can be set by customizing each view. The Accounts tab has Move Up and Move Down commands to arrange the accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• rfe001
    rfe001 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I am referring to the interaction of the side bar and the detailed account display. The two are no longer syncronized.

I am aware of the capacity to rearrange the accounts, the button and the arrows. That is what has stopped working. The side panel can be arragned and saved, but as I go to the portfolio window and scroll through the accounts, the account order is not what I requested AND this only started a few weeks ago.

I have been using Quicken since the 1980's and I have not previously had this kind of problem!

rfe001

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited April 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

"Side bar" and "side panel" are not Quicken terms so I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the Account Bar which can be on the left or right side of the window, that has no relation whatsoever to the account orders in the portfolio views and never has.

You must customize each portfolio view to get the account order you want.

• rfe001
    rfe001 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Rocket! The screen shot was quite helpful!

Indeed, the "in house" jargon is quite confusing for those who infrequently communicate with the pro's - but the visual got us there!

rfe001
This discussion has been closed.