Can I force report to stay open?

Options
FayeJax
FayeJax Member ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Reports (Windows)

When I navigate from report to transaction, the report closes. This makes tweaking transactions cumbersome. Is there a way to force windows to stay open? (The same is true here in help. When I want to go between here and attempting to apply advice I hadve received, it would be really helpful to not be forced to close this the window.) TIA!

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Edit > Preferences > Setup

Un-check "Automatically minimize pop-up windows".

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• FayeJax
    FayeJax Member ✭✭
    Options

It was already un-checked. I did try checking it, just to see. It continued and has since I switched it back to un-checked.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

The behavior I see is that with the setting un-checked, moving from a report to the currently open account register leaves the report open. But clicking in the Account Bar to open a different account register does minimize the report.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the report is still open, it should appear as a selectable button at the bottom of the Quicken Window. For example, the Itemized Categories report:

Click it to reopen the report window and resume working with the report.
    To work within the Quicken main window, all other popup windows must be minimized to be out of the way.

• FayeJax
    FayeJax Member ✭✭
    Options

@Rocket J Squirrel

I only knew that the report dissapeard, regardless of the setting, when I moved from report to account register. Now that I know to look for it in the account bar, it is easier to re-open. Still an uncessary step. But only one this way. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.