Annual appeal

Options
Microfiche
Microfiche Member ✭✭✭

You can NOT change the number of decimal places that will show in reports for exchange rates - it seems to have been hard coded for 2 decimal places for some bizarre reason.

The specific report I am trying to run and export is:Reports => Investing => Investment TransactionsWhere my investments are held in USD and I need an ACCURATE export of the associated exchange rates.
Printing out the exchange rates from currency list is useless as the rate can be overridden in a transaction (and in my case often is)

All I want to do it to check the exchange rates in my investment transactions by exporting them out somehow - but 2 decimal places is useless in forex.

Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)

Comments

• Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Never mind. I just wasted 45 minutes chatting with support to be told that is is "impossible" to fix that 😂

Simple number formatting change on a report. Uh huh.

The "solution" is to export the report to Excel, and then go through each transaction on the screen in Quicken and transcribe the correct exchange rate into the Excel file.😂 Yeah, all 500+ transactions. That sounds efficient.

Guess I need to try to access the database directly.

Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
This discussion has been closed.