Payroll Income Reminder - changes from twice a month to monthly

Options
2»

Answers

• Jeremy Kruse
    Jeremy Kruse Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm 49.33 does not fix the bug.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

ignore delete

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• TimJPS
    TimJPS Member
    Options

Latest update fixes issue - nope - happened again this morning and I am up to date. "Quicken - where they only thing quick is in our name". Everything is a Rube Goldberg experiment with this company…'Try this, then that, then spin around, do a handstand, power off your computer, power on your computer, go back to the first step, then skip the third step this time, restore from a backup five years ago, turn left, hop on one foot, click on settings, find the button that is not there…still not working??…well, gee, then we are certain it is user error…all your fault.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you saying that a paycheck reminder that was incorrectly changed from twice a month to monthly prior to R49.33 remains a monthly reminder after R49.33 was installed?
    What about a reminder that you changed back to twice a month after R49.33 … does it retain the twice setting or does it still get changed back?

The Release Notes do not really specify this particular issue as fixed. The programmers might have been working on one of the other paycheck bugs.

• JimMT
    JimMT Member
    Options

Same problem here and I am running R49.33. With mine, it is changing "Only once" reminders to "Yearly," although now I'm wondering if there are other reminders that have been changed that I just haven't noticed yet. I've been using Quicken for years but I'm pretty much at the point where I'm looking to make the transition to a more reliable personal finance software. How are you supposed to make projections when the software is constantly changing the reminders? It seems like Quicken would be able to fix this, but apparently not.

• MarkGrove
    MarkGrove Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I am having the issue as well. I deselected the "Sync to Quicken Cloud" and made no difference.

I have Release 49.33, Build 27.1.49.33 using Windows 11

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

After stopping Sync, did you also change the reminder back to the original frequency?
    Quicken does not automagically change incorrectly changed reminders back to what they once were.
    But now that Sync is off, the reminders' frequencies should not change again.

• Patrick Bimonte
    Patrick Bimonte Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this an acknowledged issue? Quite annoying to have to fix my paycheck every time I sync.

Also, when I entered today's paycheck, it created a duplicate entry and left the reminder for today active so I had to skip the current one. Something is very wrong with Twice Monthly paychecks. I'm not sure if it's related, but at the same time, my Best Buy Credit card also started throwing errors. This last update was not good to me ...
  • Patrick Bimonte
    Patrick Bimonte Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like this morning's version update fixed the issue.
  • jeremywright
    jeremywright Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue has been resolved for me at least by the latest update which was available today. I re-enabled the Mobile Sync feature and ran OSU a few times and verified that my bi-monthly reminders didn't change between each run.

I hope this post helps everyone that was impacted by this defect.

The update is version R50.5, build 27.1.50.5 and my OS is Windows 11.
  • plaraque
    plaraque Member
    Options

Where can I get the update please? R50.5, build 27.1.50.5 

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

if R49.33 didn’t fix it - there is another just out today 6/1 - R50.5 - that appears to fix it

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• terrybader
    terrybader Member ✭✭
    Options
    SAME EXACT PROBLEM!

I think I have changed them all back and gotten it looking right but if I missed any payments or I overdraw because I use Quicken to plan, I expect Quicken to cover any and all charges and fees.
  • terrybader
    terrybader Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @terrybader said:
    > SAME EXACT PROBLEM!
    >
    > I think I have changed them all back and gotten it looking right but if I missed any payments or I overdraw because I use Quicken to plan, I expect Quicken to cover any and all charges and fees.

DAMMIT! Re-opened and synced and everything is back to monthly!!!!
  • terrybader
    terrybader Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > I think the latest R49.33 HF2 - addresses the Reminder issue

Does not appear in Check for Updates
This discussion has been closed.