Bulk Edit Missing Transactions

Options
txlarryo
txlarryo Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Reports (Mac)

Used Bulk Edit tor rename the category on selected transactions. It appeared to work but now the transaction do not show on a category summary report under the old or new category name. I am running Quicken version 7.01 (Build 700.48728.100) om macOS 13.3.1.

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Did you inadvertently create a new category instead of assigning those transactions to an existing one? Review your category list for anything unfamiliar.

Also, does your Dashboard show any uncategorized transactions?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Or was the category on a split line of any of the transactions in question? Bulk edit does not affect anything on a split line.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • txlarryo
    txlarryo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Used an existing category. Nothing unfamiliar on category list. One transaction was on a split line. I changed the category name on it manually and it does show up on the new category. Tried going to the other transaction and changing them manually also but they still do no show up on any category.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I missed this at first: are you using the "Category Summary" report, the one under "Other Reports" with the gray icon? If so, that report is an old format report that's being deprecated. It is known to have errors. Instead, you should use "Transactions by Category".

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • txlarryo
    txlarryo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for you interest. Using the Category Summary by Month with a Green icon. Get the same results using Transactions by Category with a Blue icon.
  • txlarryo
    txlarryo Member ✭✭
    Options
    I deleted the transactions that did not appear on the Category Summary report and reentered them. They now appear on the Category Summary report as expected. I will not concern myself any longer with this issue.
This discussion has been closed.