Export / Import Quicken for Mac

Options
Jonathan Perkins
Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭✭
I had some kind of issue that corrupted a bunch of my accounts, so I restored from a backup--but I have a gap of about two weeks in my new file. Is there any way I can export some transactions from my old file, and import them to my new one? I really don't want to retype all these things...

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

No, not practically.

While there are some (very) convoluted workarounds that might work, they would likely take more time and effort than simply typing in the transactions. And, that is considering your originally file was healthy (which it appears it wasn't).

I suggest you move on with your new file.

• Jonathan Perkins
    Jonathan Perkins Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. The whole thing is a bizarre nightmare. At least I still have the old file, so I can export to CSV and identify what the downloaded transactions I don't recognize actually were.

The problem that caused all this is equally bizarre. I have a Venmo account in Quicken, but when I try to enter a transfer to that account in the register for the source account, it shows up as a broken link--the transfer doesn't show up in the Venmo account. So, I created a NEW copy of the Venmo account, downloaded my transactions, and everything went upside down. My checking account balance went nuts. I couldn't figure out what happened. Quicken wanted me to re-reconcile that account going back to 2021, and when I tried that, it kept forcing me to make adjustment transactions. It got worse and worse, so I abandoned ship, went back to a clean backup, and am manually entering everything.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.