File Corrupted, Do I have to start over

Options
wings9798
wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
I have 20 years of data, so I'm not looking to starting over. My current file is 100MB. 2003 to 2026. When I create a copy of data for just 2023 its 114MB. I was told my file is corrupted. I uninstalled and reinstalled. The file operates very very slow and the mobile sync does not work.

I ran the validate and it didn't appear to find any issues. Any ideas on how to get the sync to work or find out if the file is corrupted.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what makes you think your file is corrupted ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options
  • wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I keep getting a “Body is 4 characters too short” on my tablet when I try and comment.

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

phone works….Tech Support said since I was using OneDrive to run Quicken that could have done it.

when I created a copy of a file with just 2023 data it was larger than my 20 year file.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

You should pause OneDrive when using Quicken.

I would go back to your original file and do another Copy. Use Advanced, template for entire date range rather than year-end copy. You will have to setup Online services again as the process is creating a new file and moving all of your data record by record.

Don't use the bloated data file.

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My original file is 89,312 the new copied file as you suggested is 143,904. I added two accounts to cloud sync and it seemed to be better. Then when I went to add online account services for my Discover account it just spun, never connected and then had to force crash Quicken

• wings9798
    wings9798 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This did help and resolve the issue. BY copying it over the file got bigger I'm assuming because it corrected the issues. Discover apparently was having issues, but for now it looks like it has been resolved.

Thank you

This discussion has been closed.