Citi Costco Cards CC-502 and CC - 592 Solution That Worked For Me

Options
rb.
rb. Member

I too have tried to get the Citi Card from Costco to work again. This one worked for me today so I figured I would share it.

In the Account List, I went to Costco Visa - Citi, clicked Edit, and deactivated the Online Service. Saved and exited the Account List leaving the account.

Clicked on File, New Quicken File, New Quicken Account.

Did a search for Citi.

Noticed that "Citi Cards" had the same/similar website as "Citibank, and Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi"

The big BUT. When I click under Best Results - Citi Cards, I had the option to pick Advanced Options.

After click Advanced Options I got:

And picked Direct Connect. Next.

Got a suggestion to go to citi.com/datamanagement. See above. So I logged in to citi.com/datamanagement

I logged in, and just followed the directions to Manage Your Desktop Apps / Add Access / Allow Access /Continue / Manage Your Desktop Apps – You’re Almost There! / Clock Time

While it was counting down I went back to my Quicken program and Clicked Try Again Now. Then Next.

And the Add Account Came UP!!!!

And I was able to link to existing account!!!

And it worked!

Comments

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That didn't work for me.

• labmyc
    labmyc Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Possibly Solved for ALL. Your solution above did not work but it prompted me to try yet another time after months have past with this being an issue. I tested this to work for both "Citi Cards" and "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi".

Issue: The Citi Account at https://online.citi.com/ has the following criteria for a password. Note the password can be up to 64 characters.

Criteria:

Problem: When trying to connect Quicken to your Citi account, using "Citi Cards" and "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi", when you enter or paste your password, it will truncate your password at 32 characters. This is not obvious unless you show your password and count characters.

Solution: At https://online.citi.com/, simply change your password using the guideline above, EXCEPT choose a password less than or equal to 32 characters. After changing your password, make sure you go to: [Profile] [More Settings] [Manage Desktop Apps] [Add Access] and let the 10 minute timer begin. Then return to Quicken and reenter your credentials with the shorter password.

Result: Problem Solved. I was able to use the preferred "Express Web Connect" option. If you still have trouble, try the "Direct Connect" option as suggested above. Hopefully this will solve your problems as well.

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I've tried both methods (express and direct) around every other day for a month and nothing works. I doubt many people have passwords over 32 characters. That is crazy.

This discussion has been closed.