Shortcuts not working - date change or register entry

Options
mb99@
mb99@ Member ✭✭

Shortcuts that I have been using for years have stopped working. Specifically,
1) - Ctrl-Entry simply moves to the next field rather than completing the register entry and moving to the next line, and
2) - when entering a date, the + and - keys simply move to the next position rather than increasing or decreasing the date.

Best Answer

• mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just restarted the computer and Ctrl-Enter is now working as expected. Thank you so much for your assistance today - it is much appreciated - safe safe and keep healthy - all the best.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you running Quicken for Windows native on a Windows PC or is there a Virtual Machine environment involved here?

What version and release (R xx.xx) do you use? (Help / About Quicken)
    What version of Windows are you using?

Have you tried stopping and restarting Quicken?
    Have you rebooted Windows?
    What else have you tried?

• mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am running Quicken installed on my desktop computer - running Windows 11. Quicken basic version R49.29 build 27.1.49.29 edition Canada Windows 11 home

These issues have been going on for a while - so have started and stopped Quicken and have shut-down - restarted desktop several times as well.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please verify that Edit / Preferences / Setup / Keyboard mappings is set to "Windows Standard".

Is there anything else that could be intercepting / interfering with keyboard input and dropping or changing it?
    Are you running any fast action computer games that could interfere?

Try running Windows in Safe Mode with Networking, then start Quicken and see if it works any better.

• mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am suspecting it is a keyboard issue - language or region or something like that. I set to US only and the Ctrl-Enter issue seems resolved. However, date issue is still happening. When I click on the Date area and press + or -, all that happens is the cursor scrolls to year then month then day or the reverse, but does not change the day number up or down.
  • mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually, the - key scrolls through year then month then day then back to year again while the + key does nothing at all.
  • mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am used to using the + and - keys to change the date to yesterday to tomorrow or some other date. I have been using Quicken for almost 30 years now. I am on a new computer the last few weeks but I have changed computers in the past with no issues and I have used this keyboard on other computers in the past as well with no issues either.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What is your Windows short date format? It should be mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy. If the delimiter is a das instead of a slash, the + and - keys will not increment and decrement the date.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Brilliant! + and - keys now working as expected - it appears the region date format was the issue.
    However, now the Ctrl-Enter key is only working as Enter until it gets to the last field - then registers the transaction and moves to the next.
  • mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Have also tried both Quicken standard and Windows standard keyboard mappings in setup - but not difference.
  • mb99@
    mb99@ Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I just restarted the computer and Ctrl-Enter is now working as expected. Thank you so much for your assistance today - it is much appreciated - safe safe and keep healthy - all the best.
This discussion has been closed.