Quicken is asking me to please check internet connection and try again.

Options
jsm1963
jsm1963 Member

I logged out of my Quicken software, and when I tried to log back in, it keeps asking me to check internet connection and try again. I think I've tried all the ideas I've found here, but it's still doing it.

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

some details …

What version - what is your internet connection - any VPN -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are getting "Oops, something went wrong" or "Check Internet Connection" …
    • Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices.
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• jsm1963
    jsm1963 Member
    Options

To answer Ps56k2's question, I'm using Quicken version R50.8, build 27.1.50. I'm using a LAN connection. I have VPN software on this computer, but I'm not running it. I should note that I've been using Quicken on this computer for years.

To answer UKR's question, I've tried everything on this list. I'm using Kaspersky. I even tried pausing their protection, and still nothing. I have VPN software installed, but it's not running.

• jsm1963
    jsm1963 Member
    Options

I did the same thing on my Windows 11 laptop (logged out, and back in) at work earlier in the day, and I was running Hotspot Shield VPN.

• jsm1963
    jsm1963 Member
    Options

I was finally able to log in in Safe Mode with Networking.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I seem to recall that Quicken might get confused on which Windows adapter to use if you have both WiFi and Ethernet LAN adapters “enabled” but only one is actually connected …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.