ERROR - Historical paycheck splits were removed (edit)

Options
Drew S
Drew S Member ✭✭
I'm currently running R50.8, and when I opened quicken this morning, there were 144 historical paycheck transactions where all splits were removed.

Each register for the splits (401k, HSA, etc) is now also incorrect.

What would cause historical, reconciled entries (dating back to 2017) to be adjusted in bulk by Quicken? Are there any tips on how to correct?

(UPDATE: I can confirm that the paycheck splits were in my R49.33 backup file)

Comments

• cgslmc
    cgslmc Member
    Options

I have the exact same problem. This really is unbelievable. Paycheck functionality is one of the primary pillars of a personal software program. I doubt there is a fix, the info was probably deleted.

• Molten52
    Molten52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, I noticed this issue yesterday when I was researching historical paychecks. You can see exactly which ones are messed up when you run a report on salary (for example) and the ones with missing spits all show your latest paycheck template salary. The ones that are missing seem rather random. I have entire years in the past that are fine while others are completely blown away. This really sucks. Is there a way to harvest from backup to repair these?

• Molten52
    Molten52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Are you sure things were fine in 49.33? It appears that is the version they were tinkering with paychecks.

• Drew S
    Drew S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Molten52 - so in 49.33 more of my paycheck data was available, but after looking at the splits in detail, it was corrupted.

This has been a challenging bug, that has now created hours of work and not all will be able to be fixed (as current employer only keeps three years of historical paystubs online).

401k, HSA registers are also now borked.

I agree, with paychecks being a core component of the software, it is unacceptable that this issue does so much damage to the data file, and there is no way to easily remediate. I did have a chat with support, and the only suggestion was to go back to a previous backup.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Staying on R49.33, I would restore from a backup made prior to updating to R50. That should retrieve the paycheck entries before they were corrupted.

• cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having similar paycheck errors. Is Quicken investigating? I don't think the problem will go away unless I can go back to an earlier version of Quicken before my current R50.8 Is there a way to go back to earlier Quicken versions?
  • JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Options

FWIW, I'm running R50.8 Quicken Windows and all my entered and scheduled paychecks look good. Just curious if all those who are noticing a problem: did you correct the paycheck corruption issue with 39.17 back in March? (

The fix at that time was to restore Quicken to a date before 39.17 and revert also to the previous Quicken version. Then all transactions entered since then had to be reentered. If you did not do this or this doesn't ring a bell with you, then you probably had paycheck corruption already present. As I recall, there was no easy fix for this other than restore to the last good version and reenter transactions.

• cnchupp
    cnchupp Member ✭✭
    Options
    I didn’t find any errors in March. I guess they could have been there but the errors were immediately apparent when I updated to R50.8
  • Drew S
    Drew S Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks JohnA - this may have been present for some time, and I can't say if it had gotten worse, or stayed the same. However, it was not an easy fix, and I'm still not 100% confident in these latest builds. Here's what I had to do that took many hours to resolve - https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7936040/r50-8-update-paycheck-wizard-error
  • Keith Free Ellis
    Keith Free Ellis Member ✭✭
    Options
    Infuriating is not a strong enough word! Quicken has seriously gone down the drain in the last year.
  • Molten52
    Molten52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Does anyone from Quicken even read these posts? I have not seen any comments, suggestions, or any indication that they are even working on a solution or even care for that matter.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken moderators review all posts to ensure they meet the posting rules. The mods may sometimes pass along high profile issues to Quicken product development. The only sure way to ensure Quicken knows about an issue is to contact Quicken Support.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.