Cannot set up one step update for American Express

Options
VicHolt
VicHolt Member

Every time I try to set up one step update it just hangs and finally times out. Quicken takes me to the login page for American Express, I log in, select the accounts, click on Authorize, and it takes me to the "successfully authorized" page in my browser.

But then I get a spinning circle in the Activate One Step Update window in Quicken, which eventually times out with an error message saying sign in failed, try again. I've tried at least 10 times over the course of over a month and I can NEVER get this set up.

See attached screenshots (this uploaded them in reverse order).

Answers

• VicHolt
    VicHolt Member
    Options

I've also tried lowering the Windows 10 security settings, and deactivating temporarily my antivirus/anti-malware program.

I've been to both of these pages, nothing works:

Deactivate and Reactivate Online Banking Services for a Quicken AccountConnection Types in Quicken

• VicHolt
    VicHolt Member
    Options

OK, everything I did above finally worked. The last thing I did was restart Quicken after all the above changes on my PC, and then after click Authorize in my browser and being sent to a landing page, I clicked on the link on THAT page and that seemed to do the trick.

This discussion has been closed.