Adding a biller responds Account Locked

Options
Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

In my case today, happens to be Amwerican Express which is EWC +, but might happen with other billers.

Amex was not quite right in Online Billers so unlinked from the reminder, deleted AMEX as a biller. I do this often when issues.

BUT, when I added AMEX back Quicken reports the account locked and to visit AMEX on their website to unlock my account. I do, it is not locked there, nor on the phone app.

Attempts to update after that corrupsts AMEX and ALL other EWC+ billers and KI have to dig out to get back a a neutral spot. This can go in an endless loop.

Anyone else having either an AMEX biller issue or any biller locked? If so, how do you resolve the non-exisitng lock?

Review and Repair will remove AMEX after it corrupts after an update. With AMEX gone, no issues.

To make it more complicated., AMEX works as expected in my TEST file.

Appreciate any feedback. I can post images if needed.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With all the changes that AmEx is making to its credit card websites and download procedures right now it might be best for you to stop fighting the AmEx windmill.
    Allow AmEx on their website to automatically debit your checking account every month for full or partial credit card balance.
    In Quicken unlink any reminders you have or create new regular scheduled reminders. When AmEx emails you that a new statement is available, record the reminder with the correct amount.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Doctor, it hurt when I do this. Don;t do this.

Does not solve the problem. Perhaps for you. Not me.

I'm glad tou now have a condensed cversion of that reply, though, @UKR

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good luck fighting this windmill, Don Quixote.

This discussion has been closed.