I have Home and Business Canadian. Invoice column for surcharges turns 0 after save

Options

I would like to charge a processing fee for paying customer's supplies. I have a 1% set up in the item. After I enter the item charge, I add another line right below for Processing Fee. It comes out fine and calcullates the 1% charge. I save the invoice. When I return to the invoice form, the processing Fee line is there but the Charge column is 0. In fact I can't even manually enter a charge as it turns to 0.

Trying to find out the problem. Thanks

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can you please show me the definition of the Processing Fee Line Item? Capture an image snapshot and include or attach (drag and drop) it to your next comment.

Additional image snapshots to document your case, showing the Invoice data entry dialog before saving and after reentering the dialog would be helpful.

A similar invoice using one of my predefined Discount line items works fine in my US version R 50.8
    What version of Q Canada are you using?

• Rockwell60
    Rockwell60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hope you can find the glith.

Thanks

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the images.
    You seem to have forgotten to include an image of the Edit Line Item dialog for ProcessingFee.
    Your definitions should look like this Discount line item (except, of course, the Per Item rate in your item will have to be a positive number, 2.00)

• Rockwell60
    Rockwell60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Here is another screen shot of the Edit Item . Weird, it does the calculation ok but after I press Save and Done, the amount disappears.

?? I hope we can find solution as I find the Item very usefull.

Thanks in advance

• Rockwell60
    Rockwell60 Member ✭✭
    Options

Reading other comments, I tried to put back the QTY and RATE colums. It seems to work ok with that template.

Unless we have other solutions?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hadn't even noticed that you had removed QTY and RATE columns from your invoice templates.
    And since I don't have access to the program source code, I can't say why just filling in AMOUNT instead of having it calculated does not work here for your Fee items.

So, bottom line: QTY and RATE appear to be required fields in the invoice template to make all calculations work.

Unless, of course, somebody from Quicken can review that situation and decide whether a change in the program code is needed.

This discussion has been closed.