How to install Quicken Premier 2013 on new computer

Options
crjo
crjo Member

I have a new computer running Windows 11. I want to install Quicken Premier 2013 using the original program disc that I still have. It won't install. It returns a message saying "Quicken requires Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 in order to run on your computer". Can anyone explain what this is and how to get it or get around it?

Comments

• fanfare
    fanfare Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

the various versions of the .NET framework are available for download from Microsoft.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Take a look in your (equivalent of my old) Control Panel to make sure that under Windows Features the item for ".Net Framework 3.5 (includes .Net 2.0 and 3.0)" is checked, as shown below.

That seems to be all that's needed to wake up .Net 2.0 support.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Then when you get it installed you will need to update it. If you have an older version, One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

Or you can download Q2013 Deluxe for free which is the full updated program. Which I have done. I have 2013 Premier on my Desktop but when I got my laptop (without a cd drive) I downloaded Deluxe. I haven't noticed much if any difference between Premier & Deluxe.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• crjo
    crjo Member
    Options

Thank you for your help. I was able to install Quicken Premier 2013 after following the instructions from UKR. I then tried to update it using the patch from the Quicken support website (QW27.1.50.15MPatch) thinking I could get the most recent updates and all of them in one shot. After doing that I cannot open the application. I get the error message "The code cannot proceed because QWUTIL.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." I reinstalled the program. It opens fine but the updates are gone. I reinstalled the updates and got the error message again. Any suggestions? Just go to the site suggested by volvogirl and use those updates?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You cannot sneak an update from Q 2013 to the current Q Subscription (2023) this way.
    The download I gave you is a fully patched Q Deluxe version 2013. No additional updates are possible.

If you must have the latest subscription version (2023, R 50.xx) you need to download and install it from your account at quicken.com

• crjo
    crjo Member
    Options

Ok. Thanks. I will use the Quicken 2013 Deluxe.

This discussion has been closed.