Wells Fargo Credit Card Duplicates

Options
Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭

My previous thread was closed. Only from June and no replies. Why? Its still an open issue.

It said:

Am I the only one?

EVERY month for perhaps last 5 - 8 months, on the closing day of my Wells Fargo Visa billing cycle, every transaction from that cycle shows up AGAIN in Quicken as a new transaction inlcuing all that have cleared for that month.

They cannot be manually matched.

They MUST be deleted to keep the account balance accurate…

…Is this only me? Would be good to know either way…

…Thanks for comments and feedback.

BTW, this is Direct Connect.

Well, happened again today. Every statement closing day. Reported to Quicken. Long discussions with Wells who is in denial and claims its a Quicken problem.

EXAMPLE:

Anyone else with this? Only Wells for me, no other credit card. And only last 6-8 months. Really an inconvenience.

Thanks.

Comments

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

BTW, a lot of threads have been closed that are still open issues. Helps no one to stiffle the conversations until there is resolution. A bit heavy handed by the mods in my opinion.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just to verify …
    you are ALWAYS using One Step Update to download new transactions and you are doing so daily or at least several times a month
    and you are NEVER alternating between OSU and downloading/importing a QFX file.

IMHO, you should call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this as an Online Banking issue, to be researched and escalated to higher support levels when necessary. Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Correct in your first statement.

Cannot screen share. It happens ONCE a month on the day the statement for previous month is generated. Every month, 3rd of every month. SO not again until August 3rd.

As you can see, the names of the transacttions are slightly different which is why I think they cannot be matched. But the fact they come in at all on statement close is a mystery.

Truly doubt support can do anything. And developers are aware. Would be nice to find I am not the only one with this issue. It could get more attention then.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for responding.
    May I suggest to be ready on August 3rd to call Support during the day, with the latest batch of downloaded transactions on screen, similar to what's shown in your image above. You need to get a live person to research this in depth. Just flooding Help / Report a problem with problem reports doesn't get the troubleshooting process started. Get a ticket number.

This discussion has been closed.