Best online brokerage to use with Quicken

Options
jeanderson
jeanderson Member ✭✭✭

I’ve used Quicken for windows for over 30 years and have used it to connect to my IRA accounts at Vanguard with no problems. I want to start trading directly in stocks using an online brokerage. I just want to buy/sell U.S. stocks. Since most seem similar in services offered, I’d like to use one that is easy to connect to Quicken. Any recommendations?

Comments

• CocoaPuff
    CocoaPuff Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity or Schwab. Fidelity currently uses Direct Connect for the connection method. In December 2021 Schwab transitioned to Express Web Connect+ (EWC+). The transition was poorly executed by both Quicken and Schwab. They ultimately worked through the transition and EWC+ has been stable / reliable for Schwab downloads.

Some financial institutions are transitioning from Direct Connect to EWC+ for the connection method. I do not know whether Fidelity plans to transition to EWC+.

I use both Schwab and Fidelity. They each have their advantages as a brokerage, and I prefer Schwab's research and website/mobile app design .

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Since your IRA is at Vanguard, they also offer an online brokerage service that uses Direct Connect to connect to Quicken.

• jeanderson
    jeanderson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I did not know that. Will call them tomorrow. My Quicken connection to my Vagusrd IRA account works very well.

• Q97
    Q97 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@jeanderson Here's a link with more info

Their Direct Connect to Quicken has always worked well for me.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

since you are using Vanguard for your IRA - what mutual funds, etfs, stocks do you have in your IRA ?
    you didn’t realize that everything you have in your IRA you can also have in the same Vanguard taxable account….
    One is taxable, one is not.

Do you have any other investments, savings, or retirement accounts with any other financial firms ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.