The "QTY" Field not working

Options

The "Qty" Field will not allow me to enter any numbers. Therefore I can not receive payment because it show nothing is due!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please go into the dialog to Edit Line Items and show me the underlying definition for your Line Item "Zimbabwe-5 lb".

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

I do not know how to get there. Please give me step by step instructions. I am just now trying to learn how I can use this software and there is not good documentation on using it. I am so disappointed in this.

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

Is this what you want to see?

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

How do I get to the edit window?

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like you found the (slightly convoluted) way into the Edit Line Item dialog.
    The definition you recorded seems to be OK.
    I wanted to see if you had, by mistake, checked "Subtotal of preceding items" or "Percentage". This would change the line item definition from a data entry item to a calculated line, not allowing data entry of QTY.

How exactly do reach the point where you want to enter QTY?
    Usually, I select the Line Item and then tab forward. This fills in the remaining fields with predefined line item information: Category, Description, QTY = 1, Rate.
    Tabbing forward from field to field lets me fill in description as needed and change QTY and Rate.

When trying to enter QTY, is the field selected (tabbed into or mouse clicked) so it's now the active data entry field? The cursor should be blinking in a blue field.
    BTW, do you use the numeric keypad when entering numbers or do you use the keyboard's top row with the number keys?
    If you use the numeric keypad, the "NumLock" function must be enabled. Often this is indicated by a little control light in the NumLock key.

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

First let me say that I have only one entry for now because I cant get the QTY field to work.

I use my number pad and yes the NUMBER LOCK is on.

I only found one way for me to possible EDIT my Invoice/Sales Order and that is by clicking on the little icon at the end of the row. see my attached screenshot.

After opening it up, I tried using your TAB method to move to the QTY column but it does not turn BLUE like the other fields. However I can type a 1 (one) and as soon as I TAB over to the next field, the one goes away. Calculations do not total any amount owed.

Is there any way to get in touch with the support department? Are there step by step instructions on using this software? I am wanting to move out of my Quickbooks but I need this working first!

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

I forgot to post this last screenshot of when I TABBED over to the RATE field, my QTY of 1 went blank.

• JerryBSr
    JerryBSr Member
    Options

I'm all good now! :)

I contacted Support and they connected to see my screen and then guided me on how to repair my software and it fixed my problem. How frustrating this has been. I didn't know what I was doing wrong especially because I learning how to use the Business part of the software.

@UKR, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

This discussion has been closed.